Re: Stress test in ltsp

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
In the medium term, I'll have to start 30 clients per server, but we
have to take a decission about the kind of ltsp server we're going to
use a.s.a.p, so any advice is welcome.

In my experience its better to have more ltspservers with few clients each, to avoid the issues you have raised. There is nothing worse than the whole computer lab grinding to a halt, and kids start saying "these computers are rubbish, you should use windows".

Could you buy cheaper servers (eg. dual or quad core hobby PCs with SATA and 4 RAM slots; 16 port switch) and run 15 clients each? Now I have < 12 clients per server. Each server costs me around USD1000.

Of course you would double your server maintenance, which may be important in your case.

saludos
nigel