Re: Request to move the flashplayer-nonfree-exstrasound from etch-test to etch

Hi,

On Thursday 13 March 2008 23:06, Alf Tonny Bätz wrote:
> This is a request to move flashplayer-nonfree-extrasound from
> etch-test to etch so people can take take it in use without doing some
> dangerous changing in the sources.list. I have test that packages on 3
> server, and it works for us like a charm.

I dont feel comfortable doing so at the moment, even though it is reported to
work fine on Alfs and Bjarnes machines :-(

The main reason is that I'm uneasy that this package wasnt accepted in Debian
yet (and moving the package to our Etch would mean introducing a package
which wasnt there before - which IMO shouldnt be done lightly in a stable
release).

It's been sitting in NEW since two months, together with
flashplayer-nonfree-pulse. And thus I'm not sure there will be an upgrade
path in Lenny.

Also the README shipped in the binary package in /usr/share/doc claims it
supports pulseaudio while it does not (as stated correctly by the package
description). Then there is some cruft in the source packages (old/beta? and
Patches/Done).

Last, I cannot even find a request from the maintainer that this package
should be moved to etch, "only" from our users. I assume the maintainers is
in favor of this :) but as there is no request, it means I would have to
write the announcement myself, which is a lot work for me and can better be
done by the maintainer :-D

great care, and I dont feel that this package has seen enough love yet.

regards,
	Holger