revenge of the icons

Dear All,

I upgraded an ltspserver yesterday. Now all the icons are back on the desktops. The kiosk tool shows the profile in /etc where I moved it last time, and the icons are not showing in that profile (I mean when you do 'setup icons' using the kiosk tool)
When you try to delete an icon, the message is:
access denied to /usr/share/debian-edu/students/share/apps/kdesktop/Desktop/kstars.desktop

so I went there and deleted the icons to fix the problem. But this is not a good fix with the number of workstations we have.

So the howto on the wiki doesn't work. The icons live to fight another day :)

nigel