FOSS and Education: Debian-Edu and Texas

There will be an Open Source Symposium April 25-26 in San Angelo, Texas.  It would be nice to see Debian-Edu represented. http://www.texasoss.org/cfp

Is anybody going?  I'll happily help whoever goes.  I know there are presentations and slides that have already been prepared.  I could present those if nobody else could come.

Does anybody have some sort of cost-benefit analysis for Gnu/Linux and FOSS in schools versus proprietary?  I remember seeing some writing about MS giving its OS to schools to lock in MS products but what about Word and Outlook Licenses vs. the cost of OSS alternatives?  I'm looking for pretty graphics to show school boards and IT heads.

Cheers,

D Davis