Re: roadmap editing

[Kurt Gramlich]
> i disagree with the handling of contributers in the debian edu
> wiki page
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/roadmap
>
> -  * Bug:1064 samba configuration needs to be corrected for domain logons
>
> just to delete this line without discussion demotivates people

Why?  Do you mean that all bugs should be listed in the roadmap?  If
not, what make this bug special and in need of a listing in the
roadmap?  Why is it it not enough motivation to have it listed in
bugzilla?  The roadmap is not ment to list all the bugs we want to fix
(we got bugzilla and the priority system there to track that), it is
for planned features and improvements.

I believe that the samba config work with Windows XP.  Is this wrong?
The bug seem to talk about Windows 9x and NT, and I believe neither is
supported by Microsoft any more.  Is the windows machines affected by
this bug still supported by Microsoft?

> it is important, to get R1 runing without problems with window
> workstations, that means a corrected and improved smb.conf

Happy hacking,