Re: dns

Åke Hoff wrote:
> Klaus Ade Johnstad skrev:
>> Søndag 21 oktober 2007 01:10, skrev Åke Hoff:
>>
>>> Quite new to skolelinux.
>>>
>>> Just installed a mainserver but my "tjener" vill not resolv dnsnames.
>>> How do I check that te bindservice is runing ok?
>>>

>> As long as you didn't change the 10.0.2.2 address on eth0, your dns
>> should be working just fine.
>>
> I hav not changed anything.
>> But to realy test it, just run
>> /usr/lib/debian-edu-config/testsuite/bind9-dns
>>

> tjener# /usr/lib/debian-edu-config/testsuite/bind9-dns
> info:  /usr/lib/debian-edu-config/testsuite/bind9-dns : unable to
> lookup 'www.uio.no' on server  'localhost'  ('out; ')
> info:  /usr/lib/debian-edu-config/testsuite/bind9-dns : unable to
> lookup '129.240.4.44' on server  'localhost'  (' ' !=  www.uio.no'  ')

Sounds like your tjener dont have internett access
Do you have the correct architecture ?
http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/Architecture
most specificaly  have you installed the firewall on 10.0.2.1 and it it
working as expected ? try pringing 10.0.2.1 and sopme external ip's from
your tjener.

A second option can also be that your firewall is behind a different
firewall and that it enforces the use of a special dns server. in that
canse you must enable forwarders in your tjener's bind config.

Ronny