Re: KLIK - Userspace Software Installation + Stats (popcon) + New Apps

El sáb, 06-10-2007 a las 16:27 +0200, RalfGesellensetter escribió:
> Dear list,
>
> while looking for more recent databases of free (edu) software, I
> re-encountered http://klik.atekon.de/
>
> it seems to be installable by any user. Interesting which (non-free)
> commercial software packages are available there - seemingly even Ahead
> (TM) likes this way of software distribution.
>
> For us, download/install statistics could be an interesting addition to
> popcon:
>
> http://klik.atekon.de/trove.php?id=71&order=Popularity&quality=Unknown
>
> Top 5 here in Educational branch:
> 1. kdissert
> 2. ding
> 3. gcompris
> 4. tuxpaint
> 5. ksimus
>
> Formerly unknown software there:
> gpredict 0.4.0-7 Satellite tracking program for GNOME
> hanzim 1.3-1 Chinese character learning aid
> drscheme 209-5 PLT Scheme Programming Environment
> typespeed 0.4.4-8v1 Zap words flying across the screen by typing them
> pyching 1.2.1-2 A Python program to cast and interpret I Ching hexagrams
> mathwar 0.2.4-4 A flash card game designed to teach maths
> gvr 1.2.1-2 Interactive, introductory programming language
> qbrew 0.3.4-1 Homebrewer's recipe calculator (uses Qt)
> gutenbrowser  Project Gutenberg Etext reader
>
> Now, happy testing...

mathwar is already well tested:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/education-mathematics
the others seems (except typespeed) to be targeted only to teach
computing, but not for other common subjects in schools.
I've also tested typespeed in the past and for the schools is less
usable that ktouch or tuxtype.

On the other hand  I didn't know kdissert, currently semantic, and it
seems very promising, thanks for the links.

Regards