Re: Ltsp Diskless Workstation (Low Fat Client)-questions

2007/8/29, Valerio Pachera <sirio81@gmail.com>:
> I'm going to try to use debian-edu also like Ltsp diskless workstation
> server following the wiki
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/LtspDisklessWorkstation?highlight=%28DebianEdu%2FHowTo%2F%29

The diskless workstation is workin but I'm not able to login with any
user, not even root.

I'm sure the problem is here:
/!\ keep in mind your diskless workstations need to be added to your
ldap netgroups, just like any other workstation. Otherways it wont be
able to mount your HOME dir, and you won't be able to login.

I open LWAT / Machines / add
I insert the mac address of the diskless w.s., the domain "intern" (is
it correct?) and a hostname.
The field IP-address is completed automtically like "hostname.intern."
Then I press Add for save, and appears this message:

Warning:ldap_add)([function.ldap]: Add: Strong(er) authentication
required in /usr/share/lwat/web/admin.php on line 378
No matching objects

How can I resolve and be able to login?

I wanted also say that I tried to don't add the option
"nfsroot=/opt/ltsp/" to the file
/var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default
and the diskless w.s. works anyway.
The wiki say: "if you don't you'll get an error on the client about
not being able to mount /var/lib"
but it boot without problems.
------

Thanks.