Re: new version SkoleLiveCD

Am Dienstag 29 August 2006 03:24 schrieb Steffen Joeris:
> Great work. It is good to see people working on that.
> Can we put the building scripts into svn and host the CD building on
> administrator and therefore store the image on ftp.skolelinux.org to
> include it into the official distribution?
> Are the people building the CD right now willing to do that?
> Would be a great contribution and addition to the daily builds.

Dear Steffen,

I also regard it valuable to have a live CD for performances.
As I understand it, there is some issue that makes automation difficult
(kind of blocker): Currently the DebianLive has no hook to apply
Debian-Edu's pre-seeding. So we need to make a LiveBackup of a system
that was previously installed from a debian-edu CD.

The propper way is, to enable DebianLive to use the same mechanisms that
are used by the build-process on our build server (I think) - or at
least, that are used on Debian-Edu CDs.

I cannot tell, if it is easier to push this technique into DebianLive,
or to make them pull it in - but I regard this issue worth a thought.

Friendly
Ralf