Re: Schools in Japan and Russia

Thanks for the link. I contacted a couple of newspapers to see if they
were interested in covering our school. They haven't got back to me yet
though. I will try the government next week, and perhaps a Linux group or
two.
I agree with you that this is a great opportunity to publicise skolelinux
in Japan. However, does skolelinux have japanese as an option?

>From what I can gather, there seems to be a university producing a version
of Knoppix that some schools have been testing. Perhaps they haven't tried
the LTSP route yet.

There is a debian-jp group that does translations. Perhaps its worth
contacting them. Perhaps someone in authority should do this, instead of
me. This might be a great moment for skolelinux to get into japanese
schools.
http://www.debian.or.jp/
(no english, but they are likely to be able to communicate in english.
webmaster address at the bottom)

nigel