Re: Not much about: should we ship iceweasel (firefox) on the first cd?

Dear Gjermund,

Am Donnerstag 08 März 2007 06:35 schrieb Gjermund Skogstad:
> anecdote  n ~ (about sb/sth) a short, interesting or amusing story
> about a real person or event.
>
> (Oxford advanced learners dictionary, fifth edition.)
>
> Please don't put words in my mouth, I'm not amused by it!
>
> (No offense.)

Okay, sorry if your impression was that I ever considered that you took
this anecdote for a scientifically approved fact.

> That said, I'm far to much of a nosy parker to not comment on your
> lecture.
>
> :)
With a grain of humour, this is my reply ;)

IMHO it makes a big (categorical) difference if "order doesn't matter"
(as for inner letters), or, on the other hand, there is a small
tolerance towards slight permutations. From this stance of view,
the "anecdote" suggests a false theory. Being spread all over the web,
this "lie" gets the state of an urban myth, like the story of
the "mickey mouse in a jumbo jet" or the "spider in a yucca tree".

My criticism was never directed towards your person, but thought as a
general act of enlightenment :)

Friendly
Ralf