[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Summary from the irc meeting 2007-11-26

Beginning of the meeting: 19:00 UTC (20:00 CST) 2007-11-26
Attendees: Holger Levsen, Daniel Heß, Jürgen Leibner,
           Petter Reinholdtsen, Klaus Ade Johnstad, Ronny Aasen
	   and Andreas Schuldei

Full log:

1. Who writes the summary?
   In absents of any other volunteer Daniel Hess volunteered to write
   this summary.

2. Status of r1
   1. Remaining p2 bugs: #1267
      No one of the attendees was able to reproduce the bug while
      testing r1. Holger suggests to do one more test with the
      current Etch CD. If the bug does not appear it will be tagged

   2. Have we done enough testing?
      Now that 3.0r1 is almost final some testing is needed before the
      release can happen. It was agreed, that the release should be
      delayed until Friday. That means, that the final testing has to
      happen until Thursday. Reports on installations and feedback on
      the changes since r0 are very welcome. One can get a current DVD
      image with this command:
      nice rsync -vt \
      ftp.skolelinux.no::cd-etch-dvd/debian-edu-amd64-i386-powerpc-DVD-1.iso \

   3. Status of PR work and release notes
      The release notes and the press release need to be polished for
      the release. Holger will send an email to the pr people and ask
      for they help. Volunteers can find the release notes and press
      release in the wiki [1] [2].

      1. Inactive contact addresses 
	 The contacts listed in the press release may be outdated. It
	 was suggested to require all contacts to respond to a ping
	 email for them to stay listed. Beside that the local teams
	 should check if the data for their country is still correct and
	 suggest new once if necessary.

   4. News on http://www.skolelinux.no/en/node/3 are very old
      As the news on that website are more like olds currently, it is
      agreed, that some work there is needed. Petter points to
      http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/WebAccess for more information
      about who can modify that website. Jürgen volunteers to work on
      that. It is agreed, that he should send an email to the www-int
      mailinglist [3] and request the needed write access to the

   5. Anything else 
      The meeting agrees on that there has been done a good job with r1.

3. Plans for post-r1
   Petter saith that work on marketing material would be good. He also
   suggests that the frequency of the development gatherings should be
   increased. Holger will ask for a meeting in Extremadura (Spain) in
   2008. Petter remarks, that there is a gathering discussed to take
   place in Narvik in January. It is agreed, that everyone should work
   on planning gatherings.

   The build of CD images for Lenny is ready and waits for the
   ftp-masters to set up the archive for Lenny. This is delayed until
   after the 3.0r1 release. Holger suggests to work really hard on
   releasing r1 on Friday, so he could work on the upgrade of the
   archive software and the preparation of the archive for Lenny on the

   Other important plans for Lenny are in the roadmap [4].

4. packages.skolelinux.org, see #440575
   Holger suggests to set up a package overview page similar to
   packages.debian.org. He suggests packages.skolelinux.org as the
   hostname. Petter saith he would like to have it somewhere on
   www.skolelinux.no and points to the dnsnames list [5]. It is agreed,
   that we want such a webinterface. Holger will set it up.

5. Next meeting? 
   The next meeting is in seven days if we fail to release r1 before
   that. Otherwise it is somewhen in the next year (that is 2008).

6. Any other business
   Petter is calling everyone to join NUUG at the FSCONS [6].

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/PressReleases/PressRelease_DebianEdu-3.0r1_Terra
[3] https://init.linpro.no/mailman/skolelinux.no/listinfo/www-int
[4] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/roadmap
[5] http://developer.skolelinux.no/dnsnames.html
[6] http://www.fscons.org/

End of the meeting: 29:09 UTC (21:09 CST)

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: