Re: cdd-dev (Re: summary from the irc meeting 2007-09-10)

Hi,

On Saturday 22 September 2007 20:23, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > replaced? or changed? Andreas, do you have an example how they would look
> > like?
>
> Yes.  Try
>
>       apt-get source debian-med
>
> You can use identical Makefile and debian/rules for debian-edu.  Just
> try and report any problem.

On a first look I screamed "cdbs", on a second look I see a normal rules file
using debhelper...

I'm not convinced yet, but I acknowledge I need to take a closer look. (Only
looked 2min. so far...)

> > Right. Though I wonder if this shouldnt be done in a branch, so that we
> > can still release r2 with the etch-based version.
> Well, cdd-dev < 0.4 in Etch might be a problem.

So you would first need to upload cdd-dev to our etch and we would need to
approve it.

I guess I definitly prefer to keep a branch. Probably for etch, so that the
development in trunk can go on with more ease.

But personally I think we should keep the build-system for etch the way it is,
and use cdd-dev (if at all, see above (*)) for lenny.

(*) "see above" because I'm not sure yet, how cdbs-like cdd-dev is. If it's
like or similar to cdbs, I _strongly_ object. (And as said, I acknowledge
that I might be completly wrong here. Please prove me wrong.)

regards,
	Holger