Re: Ltsp Diskless Workstation (Low Fat Client)-questions

[Valerio Pachera]
> The article says
> "he ltsp-make-client script downloads and installs the complete Debian
> Edu into your chroot"
>
> I wonder why it need to download everything on the chroot?

Because the packages need to be installed in the chroot.  The clients
boot using the files in the chroot, and as diskless workstations they
need the applications available on their boot disk.

> Anyways, if I do it and then I whant to install a program, should I
> do both, on the debian-edu and in the chroot?

Yes, if you want both diskless workstations and thin clients to have
access to the program.

Please update the wiki to make this more clear, if you have a
suggestion on what to write. :)

http://wiki.skolelinux.no/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch include the
release documentation.  Please update it when you discover things that
are missing or should be explained better.

Happy hacking,