nss-ldapd

Hi, some days ago I've discovered the nss-ldapd package (a fork of
nss-ldap). Looking at its documentation:
http://ch.tudelft.nl/~arthur/nss-ldapd/docs.html
I must say I have experimented all the nss-ldap problems it says it
solves. In school networks with more than 300 pc started concurrently,
ldap is a real blocker of the networks quite often.
Has anyone on this list tested nss-ldapd (when I say tested I mean in a
network with a lot of traffic, not in a laboratory)?
Regards
José L.