Re: struggling with adding machines

Sorry, it is late and I missed lunch and dinner. Of course I should have thought of that.

On the other hand the help on lwat mentions dhcp as the reason why you have to enter a mac address. I suppose I thought it was updating dhcp.conf automatically.

I wasn't following any other documentation. Just blundering my way into a new tjener and clicking the keyring icon.

thanks a lot.

nigel

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[Nigel Barker]
what am I doing wrong?

I suspect you are hit by confusing documentation.  What documentation
are you following?

To fix IP addresses to MAC addresses, it is not enough to update in
lwat.  You also need to update dhcpd.conf.  Please try that and see if
it work.

Happy hacking,