Re: first try of joining the skolelinux domain with windows vista

Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2007 schrieb nigel barker:
> Jurgen, in number 15) are you saying that even using the skolelinux
> _workgroup_ (not domain) the user can't access Tjener?

Yes, but that is only partially right.
I don't gave the vista thing the entry workgroup = skolelinux
So the vista thing was running under workgroup = workgroup which is it's
default.
What I exactly did is, to open the explorer and typed in: \\10.0.2.2\
Then there apears a logon dialog, in which I can write whatever I want, but
without success with logon.
That means, I can see the tjener, but not his shares.

> That would be very bad news for me. I can't deploy skolelinux 3 if my
> boss can't access tjener.

So take a test by yourself.
It would even be better, when people, who are willing to use skolelinux and
have needs for some parts of it's implementation of services, test and
document what does and what not, to see what Skolelinux users need and what
they are doing with Skolelinux.

Greetings to all, Jürgen Leibner