Use Skolelinux3 on laptop

When using SLX3.0 on a laptop, set up to get ip from dhcp, it is possible to authenticate using ldap when connected to the network. When the laptop is removed from the network, I can still login as a local unix user.

Is it possible to cache or buffer the ldap user locally? So I can login as my Skolelinux user on the road? That would be useful. It would be even better if the local user and the ldap user got their homedirs synchronized, so that one would have full access to ones files "on the road".

Regards,
Trond Maehlum