Re: Information

Hi Luis,

On Saturday 19 May 2007 00:42, Luis Enrique Salas C. wrote:
> We are a group of engineering professionals who are trying to establish an
> education institute here in Peru. We actually work in different companies
> dedicated to system development, security and networking but we have the
> wish to give our knowledge to other people who want to learn, that is why
> we are contacting you to know if we can be your partners to spread Debian
> as our plataform SO.
> We appreciate your answer to know the procedure in order to reach our
> objective to turn into your partners.

You're welcome to join our project!

We use this mailing list for discussions and to coordinate our work. Much more
information can be found at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/

Currently we are working on releasing the Debian etch based release, which we
expect to release this month!

http://ftp.skolelinux.org/cd-etch-test/debian-edu-i386-CD-1.iso is the latest
CD version and
http://ftp.skolelinux.org/cd-etch-test-dvd/debian-edu-i386-DVD-1.iso the
latest DVD - both are _pre_-releases - so you might hit problems :)

Debian-Edu is also (partly?) translated to spanish - an easy first step might
be to work on translations.

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: I've bcc:ed a debian developer from Peru - maybe he can give you some
more hints :)