Re: Why not include the workstations with auto dhcp IPs per default into the LDAP?

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 17.05.2007, 20:11 +0200 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> [Andreas Schockenhoff]
> > If install a workstation it boots become a IP and connect to tjener
> > but if I want to login as user I must go into lwat an add a
> > workstation.  Why?
>
> This is done because of security issues with NFS.  See for example
> <URL:https://init.linpro.no/pipermail/skolelinux.no/admin-discuss/2006-March/000251.html>
> for background information.
Thats not really a solution for this problem. Because I can hijack a IP
and this is not really difficult.

The other problem is that I must include all the automatic assigned IPs
in the DHCP range because I can not guarantee the old IP.

Use of static IPs in DHCP only can be a solution, make the security
problem smaller but do not solve it.

But a mass import of workstations with ldap should also be nice.

I think in this moment a network administrator in a skolelinux network
can not accept other computer in his network where someother is root.

--
bye Andreas