Re: Which debian packages should be installed on a debian edu laptop?

Am Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2007 14:57 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
>     hotplug, acpid, pcmcia-cs, wireless-tools
>
> I suspect there are other packages we should be installing on laptops
> for use in schools.  Anyone know any packages we should include?

Candidates:
laptop-detect
pcmciautils - PCMCIA utilities for Linux 2.6
because pcmcia-cs - PCMCIA Card Services for Linux (deprecated)

klaptopdaemon - battery monitoring and management for laptops using KDE
kmilo - laptop special keys support for KDE
ksynaptics - Synaptics TouchPad configuration tool for KDE
laptop-detect - attempt to detect a laptop
laptop-mode-tools - Scripts to spin down hard drive and save power
laptop-net - Automatically adapt laptop ethernet
laptop-net-doc - Automatically adapt laptop ethernet - documentation
laptop-netconf - network detection and configuration program for laptops
battery-stats - Collects statistics about charge of laptop batteries

Some are vendor specific:
hdaps-utils - HDAPS (IBM Hard Drive Active Protection System) utilities
hdapsd - HDAPS daemon for IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads
hotkey-setup - auto-configures laptop hotkeys
fnfxd - ACPI and hotkey daemon for Toshiba laptops