Re: munin vs nagios

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
I've been digging in Google trying to find out why debian-edu decided to
use Munin. I haven't found any doc or mail list messages with the
discussion, maybe it was a long time ago.
I've just would like to know if the nagios option has been considered,
and in that case, what were the reasons to decide to go by Munin, as
Nagios seems to be pretty much a standard in the industry.
debian-edu have both munin and nagios as default.
munin for graphs and nagios for alerts/keeping things running.

Ronny