Re: Notes from LinEx/Skolelinux meeting at Free Software World Conference

El lun, 12-02-2007 a las 06:21 +0100, Knut Yrvin escribió:
> Hello
>
> Since the joint statement[1] by Debian Edu, Skolelinux and LinEx at
> GUADEC 2004 there has been one common developer gathering. This is
> about to change.
>
> [1]
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/brev/cooperation_statement_debian-edu.txt
>
> José Luis Redrejo Rodríguez is the project manager for LinEx.

Just a note for that: I'm in charge of the project for Education,
together with Antonio Ullán. Some other parts of the LinEx project
(that's much more ambitious than just a Linux Distribution:
telecommunications, small business, city councils, etc.) are other's
responsability.

>  He wants
> to upload LinEx configs to Debian moving their work upstream. LinEx is
> the GNU/Linux distro used at 70.000 PCs in ~180 schools in Extremedura.
>
> At Free Software World Conference in Badajoz Spain, we had a meeting[2].
> We vent through services[3] that was standard in LinEx and Skolelinux
> to prepere further actions.
>
> [2]
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/design/notes-from-LinEx-meeting-fswc.html
> [3] http://developer.skolelinux.no/design/services-linex.html
>
> José Luis Redrejo Rodríguez want to know when next developer gathering
> is in Oslo. Then he can order tickets to join our gathering. Then we
> can share knowledge and experiences, preparing "upstream build" of
> LinEx.
>
> I've read that the next gatherings will be in March 9-11 or 16-18.
> Please keep José Luis posted when dates are decided.

If your gatherings are not going to be in english, you don't need to
modify your plans for them. We just would like the dates to go there and
meet as many DebianEdu developers as possible (interrumping or
continuing your meeting for some hours), visit some Skolelinux schools
or companies (probably Skolelinux Drift  as Petter Reinholdtsen
suggested).

On the other hand, using as a starting point the draft Knut has written
[3]http://developer.skolelinux.no/design/services-linex.html , we'll
like to write a roadmap that ends with Linex in our schools being Debian
EDu, on May 2008. I think we have time enough to do it, and any help
from DebianEdu people is welcome.

Regards
José L.