[RFH] usplash artwork

Hi d-edu devels,

I'm trying to create some artwork for usplash similar to your
debian-edu-artwork. I've tried several methods and none of them worked
until I found your package debian-edu-artwork. Replacing your image with
mine worked out of the box!

In order to create my own theme-packages I try to understand why my
methods don't work and your does.

I've boiled the whole process down to a tiny Makefile which creates a
.so out of a .png, .bdf, -theme.c and usplash-theme.h:

+++++++++

COMPILE = gcc -I/usr/include/bogl -I. -Os -g -fPIC -c
LINK    = gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,
SO_FILES = debian-dark.so

all: $(SO_FILES)

%.so: %.o %-theme.o helvB10.o
        $(LINK)$@ $^ -o $@

%.o: %.c
        $(COMPILE) $< -o $@

%.c: %.png
        pngtobogl $< > $@

%.c: %.bdf
        bdftobogl $< > $@

+++++++++

This should to exactly the same stuff like you are currently doing but
it still somehow does not work. Usplash falls back to the ugly default
theme.

Could someone please give me a hint? You can download the tarball
including the files:

  debian-dark.png
  debian-dark-theme.c
  helvB10.bdf
  Makefile
  usplash-theme.h

here [~10k]:

  http://debian.org/~venthur/myusplash.tar.gz

Thanks in advance and cheers

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org