Re: localdev/ltspfs (was Re: sound on DebianEdu 3.0)

[Vagrant Cascadian]
> users who need access to local devices need to be added to the fuse
> group. i don't know if "adduser USER fuse" is the right way to add users
> to groups in skolelinux, if it is not, someone please correct me. :)

We will have to use PAM to add users dynamically when they log in.
Adding several thousand usres to the local device groups is not an
alternative.  Not all users should be in these groups on all the
machines using the same LDAP database, and programs can't handle too
many members of one group.

See <URL: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/10/msg00752.html >
for info on how it work.

Friendly,