Re: root password is not stored in /etc/cipux/

Hi Steffen,

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 20:44, Steffen Joeris wrote:

> > > All of then could have 3 different password hashes in LDAP.
> > > The passord is of smbadmin is stored in clear text on HD.
>
> From the security point of view I had a look as welll :)
>
> -rw-------  1 root root 8192 2005-10-26 09:30 /var/lib/samba/secrets.tdb
>
> And there is no clear text password in it.

So you re lucky or this changed in etch?
what says grep?

But the samba server uses a password for access.
And it is stored on HD. And it is due to logic that this
is reverse engineer-able by human beings. On
Sarge with less and others.

Greetings
Christian