Re: sound on DebianEdu 3.0

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 06:52:32PM +0100, Trond M?hlum wrote:
> I am trying the new Etch based Skolelinux. I added SOUND=true to
> lts.conf, is there more to it? I did not get any sound on my terminal
> after this.

you need to configure your applications to use esound as the default
output.

i'm not exactly familiar how, KDE should have some mechanism to select
esound as the default output method. GNOME uses esound by default, as
far as i know. i think there are also ways you can configure alsa to
output to esd.

sorry i don't have more specific information.

live well,
  vagrant