Re: cipux status

Xavier Oswald wrote:
Hi,

Im working on getting cipux into debian, but there still are some policy warnings
remaining.

Thank you for your Work. This mail is a great help for me to know what I should fix now.

So feel free to comment.. and if you need an account to the cipux svn on alioth,
feel free to ask me.

- cipux-cat-web_3.2.11-1_all.deb is lintian/linda clean.

- cipux-cat-webmin_3.2.11-1_all.deb
W: cipux-cibot: manpage-has-errors-from-man
usr/share/man/man1/cipux_task_list_images.1.gz 175: warning [p 1, 6.5i]: can't
break line
W: cipux-cibot: manpage-has-errors-from-man
usr/share/man/man1/cipux_task_tell_me_user_last_warning.1.gz 176: warning [p 1,
7.0i]: can't break line
W: cipux-cibot: manpage-has-errors-from-man
usr/share/man/man1/cipux_task_tell_me_user_internet_status.1.gz 176: warning [p
1, 7.0i]: can't break line
There are lots of warnings around manpages.
I think this should be fixed upstream or ? Christian, what do you think ?
Yes I agree this should be fixed in upstream. The thing is that the genration of man pages did not change for more than 6 month, so I wounder why this is a problem now, but we must look into it. So I will do it this week.

- cipux-client_3.2.11-1_all.deb
W: cipux-client: init.d-script-missing-lsb-section /etc/init.d/cipux-client
N:
N:   This /etc/init.d script does not have an LSB keyword section (or the
N:   ### BEGIN INIT INFO tag is incorrect). This section provides
N:   description and runlevel information in a standard format and provides
N:   dependency information that can be used to parallelize the boot
N:   process. Please consider adding it.
N:
N:   Refer to http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts for details.
This must be fixed. But cipux-client is not to supposed to be commited to debian this thime. why was this checked?

- cipux-common_3.2.11-1_all.deb
W: cipux-common: binary-without-manpage cipux_common
N:
N:   Each binary in /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /bin, /sbin or /usr/games should
N:   have a manual page
N:
N:   Note, that though the `man' program has the capability to check for
N:   several program names in the NAMES section, each of these programs
N:   should have its own manual page (a symbolic link to the appropriate
N:   manual page is sufficient) because other manual page viewers such as
N:   xman or tkman don't support this.
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 12.1 for details.
Ok I will write one.

- cipux-deploy_3.2.11-1_all.deb
W: cipux-deploy; File /usr/lib/cipux/bot/cipux_bot_deploy_conf contained in
/usr/lib of Architecture: all package.
 The file shown above is installed into /usr/lib, but the package that
  contains it is a architecture-independent package. This file should be
   installed into /usr/share instead.
cipux-deploy should not be uploaded.

But will it solve the problem this time if we move it to usr/share/cipux ?

- lintian -i cipux-notifier_3.2.11-1_all.deb
W: cipux-notifier: init.d-script-missing-lsb-section /etc/init.d/cipux-notifier
N:
N:   This /etc/init.d script does not have an LSB keyword section (or the
N:   ### BEGIN INIT INFO tag is incorrect). This section provides
N:   description and runlevel information in a standard format and provides
N:   dependency information that can be used to parallelize the boot
N:   process. Please consider adding it.
N:
N:   Refer to http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts for details.
N:

Should not be uploaded now.

- cipux-profile_3.2.11-1_all.deb
W: cipux-profile; File /usr/lib/cipux/sbin/cipux_profile_fr contained in
/usr/lib of Architecture: all package.
 The file shown above is installed into /usr/lib, but the package that
  contains it is a architecture-independent package. This file should be
   installed into /usr/share instead.

- cipux-rpc_3.2.11-1_all.deb
W: cipux-rpc: init.d-script-missing-lsb-section /etc/init.d/cipux-rpcdr
N:
N:   This /etc/init.d script does not have an LSB keyword section (or the
N:   ### BEGIN INIT INFO tag is incorrect). This section provides
N:   description and runlevel information in a standard format and provides
N:   dependency information that can be used to parallelize the boot
N:   process. Please consider adding it.
N:
N:   Refer to http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts for details.
N:
W: cipux-rpc: init.d-script-missing-lsb-section /etc/init.d/cipux-rpcd

- cipux-samba_3.2.11-1_all.deb
W: cipux-samba; File /usr/lib/cipux/bot/cipux_bot_logon_ldap contained in
/usr/lib of Architecture: all package.
 The file shown above is installed into /usr/lib, but the package that
  contains it is a architecture-independent package. This file should be
   installed into /usr/share instead.

Greetings
Christian