Re: Merchandizing: Spreadshirt & Co.

RalfGesellensetter wrote:

Dear List,

I just found http://www.spreadshirt.net/ where you can design shirts with logos and texts and offer them in a shop for no costs. There are no costs that have to be payed in advance from our side, shirts are produced just in time.

I could imagine that there are alternative projects linked closer to free software and our ideals (using fair trade cotton etc.) - but what do think in general?

Some samples?

http://www.spreadshirt.de/shop.php?sid=22258 (Gentoo)
http://michael-prokop.at/blog/2006/05/11/grml-on-my-notebook/

also cf.:
http://developer.spreadshirt.net/

Good idea, this is the "print on demand" model used in publishing.

But their T-shirts are very expensive!  A minimum of 11 euros purchase
price before shipping cost is around twice the shop price here in expensive
Oslo.  It is probably much cheaper to order them from a local T-shirt
printing shop who imports the shirts from China.  Even if you need to
keep some stock.

Halvor