S-ATA Workstation fails to install

Dear list,

I am doomed to take machines I didn't order myself as workstations.
http://wiki.skolelinux.de/InstallationsProtokolle/20060831 displays some
of its system data (lspci and so on).

Within BIOS I can turn RAID on or off, in the latter case, I can see the
hard disc on S-ATA1. There is no legacy mode. The SLX-Installer (expert
and expert26) doesn't find any hard disks.

On the mentioned page I also tried to list all drivers Knoppix 5 uses
for the controller. All I want is to boot and run some nice Debian.

I managed to install Knoppix with LILO. Can I possibly just exchange
some packages to dock to tjener's Ldap?

Cheers for any hints
Regards
Ralf.