Re: TV-Programme about FOSS

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 11:56:54AM +0200, David C. Weichert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> BBC-World has a programme on FOSS, featuring comparison between
> Micorsoft and Free Software products in schools, especially in countries
> like Brazil and African countries.

I didn't get a chance to see it, but someone who did, said that the
program was bad. Extremely bad. It linked FOSS to piracy, with much
FUD about that. FOSS people were a bunch of freeloaders.

I might be exaggerating, as I didn't see it, but it had much confusion
about the links between FOSS and pirated software.

Someone should counter it.
--
- Vegard Engen, member of the first RFC1149 implementation team.