Re: email info in ldap?

Christian Kuelker wrote:

>>>I've been running a network with 1400 users and we have looked at it,
>>>but I've forgotten about it since I replaced wlus with an other user
>>>administration more suited.
>>
>>What other tool would that be?
>>
>>Trond
>

> The user admministration Tool CipUX with its frontent CAT uses an
> ldap entry for storing mail adresses in LDAP.

I've also seen that to use CipUX, you have to turn of schemacheck, and
that will give you trouble later.
Have you changed a larger part of the schemas, or have you choosen just
to ignore that some schemas cant (shouldn't) be used together ?

> The admin can see the mailaddresses. The students can see and change
> only his/her mail address.
>
> At the University of Bielefeld/ Faculty of Sociology I build a
> custom module for it that is able to handle writing mails to the
> students with skolelinux. It also have an expires field in ldap, on
> wich it writes a mail to the student 1 month before the accound
> expires. If the the student reacts the account will be granted for
> one more term. If not, it will be disabled.

Why not use shadowAccount and shadowExpire (and the likes) ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/