Fwd: Re: Summer of Code 2006, should Debian take part?

FYI
--- Begin Message ---
On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 05:02:11PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Google is planning to organize a Summer of Code program this summer as
> well[1].  They are now accepting application from mentoring
> organisations, and I believe (as well as others who voiced this idea
> elsewhere) Debian should take part too.

Since there doesn't seem to be any real reason not to, I've sent a request
(as DPL) to join the SoC, with Baruch Even (baruch@d.o) as administrator.

> I've started a wiki page[2]

...and I've removed the "should Debian participate?" questions from it...

> Please fill it with information, as we discuss
> here if Debian should participate, and what form our participation
> should have.

One thing that I think would be interesting is to separate many of the
projects into teams -- eg, projects from debian-release, debian-installer,
debian-edu, debian-women, etc.

> [2] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2006

Please add ideas to the wiki :)

(You might like to create subpages for areas with a few projects to
avoid editing contention)

Cheers,
aj

--- End Message ---