Re: New build server donated from Intel

Thursday 26. January 2006 14:00, wrote Petter Reinholdtsen:
> Thanks to the work of Andreas Schuldei, we have just received a new
> build server donated from Intel.  It arrived yesterday, and is being
> mounted these days.  I expect it will take a few weeks before the
> debian-edu admins manage to get it up and running and ready to move
> services over to it. :)
>
> The machine will be located in the same rack as the other
> skolelinux/debian-edu servers, at the University of Oslo.  100MiB/s
> connection to the Internet, and all the redundency we could hope for.
> Morten Werner and me got physical access to the machine.
>
> This is just to let you all know what is happening.

Great news. Good work Andreas.

Is this server meant to take over all the tasks of developer ?

If so, what should we set developer to do ?
If not, do we have any plans on how to upgrade the other servers ?

Werner tried to do a upgrade of the bugzilla, but that failed, partly because
some dependency's that could not be matched. (We also did run into some disk
problem, but that was during the workaround for the dependency problem....)

Just for the rest of the project. Information about what machines we have,
(and maybe, what they do?), can be found here:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/maskiner/index.html

Hmmm.... Some of those pages are only available in Norwegian. I'll see what we
can do about that..... Later .....

--
-Frode

Wasn't there something about a PASCAL programmer knowing the value of
everything and the Wirth of nothing?