Re: Adding Hebrew Support to Skolelinux

Hello Lior,

welcome to Skolelinux.

Am Samstag 07 Januar 2006 20:40 schrieb Lior Kaplan:
> Are there any other project specific screens/menus? I'll appreciate
> if you could like to their templates.

Apart from those few screens showing up during installation, there is no
specific stuff installed with skolelinux that needs further
translation. Another thing, of course, is documentation and web
presentation, e.g. the list of skolelinux using schools (which would
love to show a spot in Israel) to be found at

http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/user_experience/test_schools/test_schools_add

As for language packages on the install CD, there are already some
(Norwegian, German, English, Italian, French, Spanish IIRC) that eat up
a lot of space (especially for Openoffice.org). I doubt that we can
have even more locales on the default CD - but maybe there is a simple
way to patch the CD for non-European regions.

A big percentage of preinstalled educational software comes from
KDE-Edu. Here we might lack Hebrew localisations in part (I know about
difficulites with ktouch for instance).

All in all I think it is a wise idea to join Debian-Edu, as all your
efforts will flow back to the main stream, thus having ten times the
effects as they might have with local adaptions.

Regards
Ralf.