d-i shrinking NTFS partitions?

Dear List

This might become a feature request, depending on your echoes:

Quite a few might cheer if installing debian-edu blows away previously
installed non-free operation systems. However, common sense is that
teachers should be enabled to install Skolelinux as second system.

Debian-Edu Sarge does a good deal here, supporting manual partitioning
after refusing autopartkit twice. Provided an apt documentation,
windows users who have some spare partition or empty space on their
hard disc, now can go for Skolelinux.

Alas, in most cases, bad blue windows seizes whole of the disk, and even
worse, puts some ugly NTFS file system onto it. What now?

Personally I usually succeed by booting some kanotix, starting qtparted,
resizing ntfs (I dare!) - and voila: I got the space Skolelinux needs.
(Sometimes it is admittedly necessary to defrag from within windows.)

Now, going for a "dense" (i.e. comprehensive) howto, I wonder which of
these three options are feasable, recommendable, sensible:

1. Give Debian-Installer the feature to shrink ntfs partitions within
manually partitioning: What is needed in terms of work and in terms of
space?

2. Provide a separate LiveCD version of Skolelinux including qtparted
and knx-hdinstall: This approach has many pros, but a live CD will
always differ from the schools' desktop then.

3. Recommend a LiveCD containing tools (like qtparted) to shrink ntfs.
This LiveCD, then should be of minimum size (<200 MB). Maybe it even
doesn't need an X - ncurses could suffice as UI.

Now, I expect your comments eagerly ;)

Regards
Ralf