Re: local devices (i.e. usb sticks) with ltsp

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 09:36:22AM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> essentially, what it needs is a policy-minded person to download and
> tweak the ubuntu ltspfs sources to be policy compliant, build packages,
> and test them.
>
> i don't have the ability to test them at the moment, but can put some
> time towards fixing up the packages.  the sources can be downloaded at:

ok, well, i just changed the obvious policy violations and built a new
set of packages for debian:

http://llama.freegeek.org/vagrant/debian/unstable/ltspfs_0.4.3-0debian0+vagrant0.diff.gz
http://llama.freegeek.org/vagrant/debian/unstable/ltspfs_0.4.3-0debian0+vagrant0.dsc
http://llama.freegeek.org/vagrant/debian/unstable/ltspfs_0.4.3-0debian0+vagrant0_i386.changes
http://llama.freegeek.org/vagrant/debian/unstable/ltspfs_0.4.3-0debian0+vagrant0_i386.deb
http://llama.freegeek.org/vagrant/debian/unstable/ltspfsd_0.4.3-0debian0+vagrant0_i386.deb

anyone want to test and review these packages, please do so.

ltspfsd gets installed into the ltsp chroot, and ltspfs gets installed
on the ltsp server.

add LOCALDEV=True to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf

i think that should be it...

oh yes, my bzr branch for this (which is only the debian dir):

bzr get http://llama.freegeek.org/~vagrant/bzr/ltspfs/vagrant-ltspfs-debian-packaging/

since none of the other bzr branches were up to date with the tarball, i
used the .orig.tar.gz from ubuntu:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/ltspfs/ltspfs_0.4.3.orig.tar.gz

live well,
  vagrant