Re: debian projects for young users

On 10/9/06, Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4+news@gmail.com> wrote:
Le 05-10-2006, roberto <roberto03@gmail.com> a Ã(c)critÂ:
> i am building up a project of education for young linux users aged
> 11-15 and i am currently looking for something similar since this is
> my first experience
>
> hopefully we'll use some young oriented distro, esp if debian based
>
> if you are aware of anything useful, please let me know

You may want to look into Edubuntu. It's based on Ubuntu, which in turn
is based on Debian. I don't know which ages it's targeted at. There is
more info at:

http://www.edubuntu.org

Make sure to show them the games. Games are a big selling point of any
OS. My favorites are frozen-bubble and clanbomber. Neither one needs 3-D
acceleration.

I'd be curious to hear how your experience introducing these students to
Linux goes. How did the presentation go, and what did they think of
Linux?

Cheers,
Jason

okay i'll surely let you know how it will come out

BTW: IMHO teaching young students linux is the best way to prevent the
Windows flooding in our shools and brains!!  ...   :)

--
roberto
OS: GNU/Linux, Debian Sarge