Re: New Debian-Edu/Skolelinux test CD image 1 (test01)
Congratulation and a big thanks from me, i will try my best to test !
After months of hard work, a new Skolelinux CD image is ready. This is
the first test CD preparing for a debian/etch based release. It is
available from FTP, HTTP and rsync. The image size is 695 MiB.
There are a lot of changes since the last CD release based on Sarge.
Here are some highlights
* Ported the installer to etch using d-i beta3
* Linux kernel 2.6.17
* KDE 3.5.4
* New versions of educational software and improvements in the
* LTSP 0.93debian1
* Now support resizing of LVM volumes without umounting
* Improved laptop support (hybernate, extra keys, wireless
* The installer now support encrypted file systems
* New debian-edu-expert mode with new profile and manual
partitioning to enable a bare-bone system without any services,
for single-service installs
* Debian-Edu bootsplash during the boot process
* Custom kdm and kde artwork
Some features are still not working as they should. We are aware of
these at the moment:
* LTSP server is not set up during installation. It can be set up
manually after the installation.
* LVM partitioning fail if an existing LVM partition is found on the
hard drive. A workaround is to boot with boot param 'linux
debian-edu-expert' to get the manuall partitioning. This will be
fixed in the next version of debian-installer.
* Clock sync config with NTP client/server is not correct.
To download it, use either of these methods:
The next developer meeting is tomorrow. More information available
from <URL: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Meeting >