barebone profile in debian-edu network

Hi

Yesterday I installed the first debian-edu barebone profile in my qemu
session.
According to the debian bug[1] we worked on a blank profile for the
administrator. This profile won't show up during a normal debian-edu
installation, just if you type "debian-edu-expert" at the boot prompt with
some other options. So a valid value for the boot prompt would be:

"linux debian-edu-expert"

This gives you the normal debian-edu installation and adds the barebone
profile to the profile list. Because most of us are testing in qemu I
encourage everybody to try to install a barebone profile and see if it fits
into a normal debian-edu network. The profile should be connected to the ldap
and to the network and work as a workstation profile, but without having any
special services (e.g. X with kde). As said the intention of that profile is
to get a blanket installation which is connected to the debian-edu network,
so that the administrator can choose its purpose.

At a later point we can also talk about the debian-edu-expert mode and if we
for instance should disable autopartitioning and leave it with manual
partitioning (which is as far as I remember also a wishlist feature).
Here comments are also welcome.

Anyway everybody can contribute by testing this daily build image[2] (which is
changing everyday) and submitting bugs and wishlist features to the
bugzilla[3] or to the Debian BTS[4].

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Steffen

[1]:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=275028
[2]:ftp://ftp.skolelinux.org/cd-etch-test/debian-edu-i386-binary-1.raw
[3]:http://bugs.skolelinux.org
[4]:http://bugs.debian.org