Re: Network guard script

Hi,

The script has no license at the moment. I can give it a license. You prefer GPL (v2?) i see, it's fine by me.

The reason why i pinged Google is to check if the server wasn't interfering with the internet. But that was for temporary reasons with testing with OpenVPN. The best you could use the DSL router or something similar. Because, it wouldn't complain about your constant ping and maybe Google will. ;-)

On our server i've putted the script in a cronjob by periods of 2 minutes now (had 1 minute). Also I've changed the ping count from 1 to 3, because 1 can go wrong even when the network is working fine.

The script isn't that hard to understand, so you could easily change it.

Greetings,

Michiel Eghuizen (Eduwijs B.V.)

Op http://helpdesk.eduwijs.nl vind u onze online helpdesk.