Re: TV-Programme about FOSS

It wasn't bad at all. They devoted plenty of time to Stallman, even
carefully explaining the four freedoms. Perens was also on, and they
highlighted some of the major open source projects. Sure, they had a guy
from Microsoft, but the overall FUD level was very low.
There was not much detail about schools, and what there was concentrated
on being able to spend money on equipment instead of software, and how
free software might enable the poor to "bridge the digital divide".

In fact the only negative feeling I had was that they were tending to
present FOSS as being a solution in poor countries only.

It was good to see lots of clips of linux screens in use! I think I
spotted  a thin client in the middle of a network boot.

sorry I didn't record it. It caught me unprepared.

--
nigel