Bug#343457: marked as done (boot_xconf: syntax error in 'let LENGTH=($LENGTH - 1)')
Your message dated Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:32:06 -0800
with message-id <E1FMjaQ-0000kL-CH@spohr.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#343457: fixed in debian-edu-config 0.401
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
--- Begin Message ---
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: boot_xconf: syntax error in 'let LENGTH=($LENGTH - 1)'
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:36:56 +0100
- Message-id: <E1EmsLw-0000INemail@example.com>
When upgrading debian-edu-config, I get this message from postinst.
This did not break the installation of the new package, so I set
severity only to important.
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/update-hostname ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/start-wlan ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/report-reboot ...
/etc/init.d/boot_xconf: line 43: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/etc/init.d/boot_xconf: line 43: ` let LENGTH=($LENGTH - 1)'
invoke-rc.d: initscript boot_xconf, action "start" failed.
This looks like a typo in the script. I assume the code should
subtract 1 from the value of LENGTH. Perhaps a posix shell compliant
notation should be used instead?
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#343457: fixed in debian-edu-config 0.401
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:32:06 -0800
- Message-id: <E1FMjaQ-0000kL-CH@spohr.debian.org>
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
debian-edu-config, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com> (supplier of updated debian-edu-config package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:08:44 +0100
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Edu Developers <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Petter Reinholdtsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
debian-edu-config - Configuration files for Skolelinux systems
Closes: 301565 343457
debian-edu-config (0.401) unstable; urgency=low
[ Petter Reinholdtsen ]
* Fix syntax error in boot_xconf. (Closes: #343457)
* Achnowledge old upload. (Closes: #301565)
* Modified the ltsp-make-client script used for building diskless
- Modify code to rename rc#.d symlinks instead of removing them,
to avoid them to reappear after an upgrade.
- Reinsert init.d scripts ifupdown and networking when building
diskless workstation, to make sure the loopback network interface is
- Make sure to only update /etc/exports once when executing
ltsp-make-client several times.
- Move network interface name into variable to make it easier to
- Use the apt location of ltsp-server instead of ltsp-client to
detect the apt source to use, as the latter might not be
installed nor available on the server.
- Add /opt/ltsp instead of /opt/ltsp/i386 to /etc/exports, to be
compatible with the update done by the ltsp package itself.
* Add dependency on host to make sure init.d/update-hostname work.
59880f97b3dcc0208a35a3f7ea12932b 696 misc optional debian-edu-config_0.401.dsc
6f8ed39858068e2799ef9dbec9b3cff0 203135 misc optional debian-edu-config_0.401.tar.gz
7a5cfb18666d926f0dac26c3ae03a58f 186428 misc optional debian-edu-config_0.401_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---