Trans.: Re: Projectleader meeting Erkelenz

> * Morten Werner Olsen <werner@debian.org> [060217 15:18]:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 01:58:09PM +0100, Kurt Gramlich wrote:
> >
> > > Knut, Thierry and I had a talk in Erkelenz and we agreed:
> > >
> > > 1 try to get EU Funding
> > >   coordination french team
> >
> > Sounds great, but do you have more details?
>
> Thierry should answer here, we have done a first step. What we
> need are more european countries. So everybody who has some
> interessed friends in europe should give the adress to Thierry.
> Partners could only be an organisation, no individual person.
> Perhaps Thierry should start an new thread to this topic

I think that a new topic is a good idea, I will do it right after this answer

> > > 2 to call all developers to join the
> > >   skolelinux devcamp in france
> > >   coordination french team
> >
> > Can you please elaborate this? It seems like this is just notes that
> > is almost only understandable for you guys joined this "meeting".
>
> Thierry should answer here too. There i a big free software
> meeting in France and it is planned to join the last days of this
> meeting and then to stay some days at countryside somewher in
> france. I do not know the details.

France propose to welcome a developper camp for this summer. There is an
international free sofware meeting from the 4 to the 8 of july. The proposition
would be to come for the two last days of the meeting and stay for a week after.
The end of the camp could be the french national feast day : 14 juillet :).
We're working at time with our city council to prepare the event. I'll give
more details as soon as possible.

> > > 3 to use skolelinux.org only as showcase
> > >   means only 10 or 20 static and well designed webpages to inform
> > >   about the project, aimed for teachers, pupils, admins,
> > >   goverment or local deciders.
> >
> > This is an ongoing thread on this mailinglist, so I believe you should
> > just join that discussion instead of starting a new one here.
>
> I only want to inform this list about our talk. I do not know how
> to start this, but i am disappointed about the old and useless
> information on the plone webside (german language i mean). So i
> vote for deleting this information. Still did not found someone
> to do it. But i will try!
>
> > > 4 to start with 3 moinmoin wikis for the activ work process
> > >   wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ english
> > >   skolelinux.de/wiki/  german
> > >   wiki.skolelinux.fr french
> > >   and with this use
> > >   the subpage functionality /
> > >   the interlink functionality
> > >   (same page in different languages on different servers, only
> > >   one click away)
> > >   and the subscribe functionality to update the information
> > >   (people subscribe pages and take reponsability to keep it up to
> > >   date)
> >
> > I believe that we should use only http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu for
> > all technical documentation because the technical solution should be,
> > at least in my eyes, the same for all countries and as much as
> > possible a part of Debian. The local wiki's (.de, .fr, .no, ..) should
> > be used for political and local stuff.
> Yes, i agree, the wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu technical pages
> should be the master pages to be translated into the french and
> german wiki pages, if there is manpower and time for it, what i
> believe.
>
> But for other information we have the chance to use our wikis
> vice versa too.

The french Moin moin Wiki will be installed before end of this month. For the
moment we use a wikini. We will migrate all the contents to moin moin.
The idea is to use the french moin moin for the work of the french community and
the debian wiki for the technical part.