Re: ltsp problem

> Dr. Georg Damm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we are running venus on our main server and sarge pre00 on the
> > ltspserver. Everything was stable for at least 9 months. Then /
> > was running out of space and I decided to create a logical
> > volume for /opt, moved the data and changed fstab accordingly.
> > While NX (/opt/NX) still runs, the ltsp thin clients cannot
> > boot anymore. As far as i remember the error messages:
> >
> > /linuxrc: mount cannot find file or directory
> > /linuxrc: echo cannot find file or directory
> > /linuxrc: init cannot find file or directory
> > kernel panic ...
> >
> > I think that the (ltsp) file system cannot be mounted.
> > Any hints are most welcome,
>
> If you did not restart the NFS service it probably is not working
> and the thin clients cannot mount their root file system. The
> simplest thing is to reboot the server, which might be a good
> idea anyway to verify that it will come back up correctly.

That had no effect. I got a different error message (earlier in the
boot process than now) when the thin clients could not mount their
root file system (i forgot to mount /opt on ltspserver00 at a test
run ;-)). The booting process gets into troubles when the clients
are doing the pivot root (change of root <-> nfs root).
Is there a possibility to check if the nfs root filesystem is
mounted correctly (and the pivot not yet done)?

Should I try to reinstall ltsp (from skolelinux/ubuntu/sid/...
sources)?

Georg