Re: Changing user name generation (SOLVED)

Thanks for the replies chaps,

Christian Kuelker wrote:

I use therefore a different user administration, called CipUX/CAT.
This will import lists, where you can choose the login name, or
you can chose a name when you create a user.

This tool you may test only  for new servers. Skolelinux Sarge PR05
http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/CipUX/  (Sorry german)
http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/CipUX/Screenshots

If you have questions, please ask.

CipUX actually worked really well - I found some english instructions
(http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/CipUX/Installation?highlight=%28CipUX%2F%29)
and it installed perfectly on my pr05 test system (even on an old
install), it took out the existing user accounts (but that was expected)
and has some neat extra features.

Cheers,

James