[Fwd: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch]

OK, We've not yet released a Sarge-based Debian-Edu, but we are heading
there. While we are struggeling, there Is already (kind of) set a
release date for Debian Etch.

>From other discussions, I know that the goal is to get Gnome 2.14  into
Etch, not sure which KDE version would fit.

But this means that if we release a Sarge based Debian-Edu in December,
we will have ~6 months for new things to enter Etch. Then we have some
months to do some minor fixing, and finally we should have an Etch based
Debian-Edu December 2006. This means that could start to break things at
the schools when the students arrive after the Summer of 2006, and
hopefully make things stable just before the exam period starts before
Xmas.

I've shortened the message a bit :-)

You can find the full announcement at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/10/msg00004.html