Re: post-install-fix.sh (pr05)

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 00:18:49 +0200
RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de> wrote:

> About pxe and/or etherboot, there is another suggestion (see below).
>
> But if there is anybody who could fix dhcpd.conf (and as I get it,
> cvs access is not enough, but Ragnar has to change it before
> ltsp-stuff is built, right?), in future,dhcpd.conf should point to a
> symbolic link that can be bent when kernel versions change, something
> like
>
> vmlinuz-current
>
> - would this be reasonable?

Sounds like you must make sure then that the chosen tftp-server (or
all - if tolerating several different ones) supports symlinks.

> The other suggestion stems from Andreas Schockenhoff, and goes like
> this:
>
> "Alas, pxe-enabled etherboots can not be detected from old ones by
> means of the pxe-string. But you can help yourself by means of the
> etherboot version number. Of course it is better, to move entirely
> to pxe:
>
>  filename      "/var/lib/tftpboot/pxelinux.0"; # Menu Test
>  if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 13) =
> "Etherboot-5.2" {
>    filename      "/tftpboot/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.19";
>  }
>  if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 13) =
> "Etherboot-5.0" {
>    filename      "/tftpboot/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.19";
>  }
>  # etc. "
>
> Now, again the question: can anybody with access to SVN edit these
> lines in dhcpd.conf?

Do you need an exception for Etherboot 5.2 and 5.0 that you do not for,
say, 5.1 or 5.3?

If not then don't look for 13 characters but only 9 and match them
against "Etherboot".

 - Jonas

- --