Re: PowerPC-based Debian-edu

* Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@debian.gr> [050725 15:12]:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 12:54:30 +0200, Finn-Arne Johansen <faj@bzz.no> wrote :
>
> > Last fall I got a PegasosII powerpc machine from Freescale to play with.
> > The deal was that I should try to make this usable as a Skolelinux
> > Server, and maybe also as a Thin client. I've kind of achieved both, and
> > the result is availible as an installation CD from one of the following:
>
> Hi Finnarne,
> I'm writing this from an Internet cafe in Krakow, as I still have not
> returned back home from Debconf. Actually I'm taking the long way back to
> Greece, starting from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, etc. all the way
> to Venezia to take the Ferry back home! Cool trip :-)
>
> I'll be in Greece probably by Thursday, but I can afford to say a few
> things in a short email:
>
> * Basically, I have at my place 4 Pegasos I (or is it 5?) motherboards,
> which were donated by Genesi to further develop and enhance the PowerPC
> skolelinux. I was also given another Peg II system from Debconf to take
> with me, and I'm thankfull that it's a small box. It's also probably one
> of the most travelled Pegasos system out there :-)
> * These motherboards will be built to full systems, and at least one will
> be sent to Finnarne to help him test.
> * For the rest, nothing has been decided yet, but they'll certainly be
> used as a testbed for a Skolelinux lab, probably be split into 2 groups
> and sent to whomever promises to work mostly on them :-)
>
> Right, I can't think anything else right now... I'll probably be around
> here for a little while more, but if not, I expect I'll reply to any mails
> after Thursday, when I get home.

one maschine is working in the testcenter in germany, at the
moment downloading the videos from debconf ;-)

with the help from Flo we get them running. we have only
framebuffer for X at the moment.

we did still not test to install skolelinux with finnarne Cd, but
we will start later with this.

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
--