Re: (fwd) Debian Project to get US$6000 from Linuxfund

Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :

> Perhaps Skolelinux should ask for funding from Linuxfund?  Anyone got
> time to investigate?  It would be great to get funding for example for
> more gatherings, security work and development of key features.

Dear Petter,

let me advocate once more for a partnership in a Socrates/Minerva
European project. When I posted an e-mail last year about it, I was part
of a set of partners based in Spain, France, Austria, Italy and Poland.
The project we applied for was not awarded by the European Socrates
organisation, but we got more precise guidelines to comply with their
wills.

These partners will apply once more for European funding, this time with
some modifications:

- the leading partner is Fundecyt (some members ->
  http://www.fundecyt.es/quien/index.htm) which is enough used to deal
  with European administrations, and has many feedback from users (more
  than 80,000 computers with gnulinux in Extremadura)

- the core of the project is about promoting/developing the usage of
  free scientific educational applications in Europe.

As Norvegian members of Skolelinux have an eligible organisation (from
the point of view of Socrates' guidelines), you can apply for a Minerva
project, to be defined in a few months (consider 31th of October as a
deadline). Skolelinux' partnership may be most important for a project
following Socrayes/Minerva's guidelines, which stress the need of
structures to spread widely the output of the project.

As an active member of OFSET, I already underlined the complementarity
of our works, OFSET's being in the domain of educational end-user
applications.

Are you interested in such a partnership? Do you need more information
about it? European fundings are orthogonal to LinuxFund in their
managements. However money is additive, and good work made together may
be multiplicative.

Best regards,			Georges.

[ofset -> http://www.ofset.org]

--
Georges KHAZNADAR et Jocelyne FOURNIER
22 rue des mouettes, 59240 Dunkerque France.